Thank you so much to Noémie from Noémie’s Kitchen for nominating me for this blog award! Check out her blog, its got a lot of great recipes- anyone with a sweet tooth would particularly love it! It means a lot to me that people enjoying reading my posts and it gives me motivation to keep writing 🙂 I’m not sure how these things really work but here goes…
Rules for winning
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award pic.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate some other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 facts about myself
1. Since this is a food-related blog- my favourite foods are cheese (especially brie and Comte), ice cream (favourites include green tea, chocolate and pistachio), sushi rolls and anything cooked by my mum (home cooked meals are the best!). I dislike raw oysters, fish that has really slimy skin/has a layer of flabby blubber, and papaya (though green papaya salad is ok-I’m talking about the orange type with the slimy seeds).
2. I don’t go a day without drinking at least 1-2 cups of tea. The first thing I do when I wake up is make myself a cup of green tea, and if I don’t do this my entire day feels off.
3. I’m currently in my final year at University and am constantly torn between wanting to graduate and staying in this comfortable bubble of essay-writing, lecture-attending and basically having no real commitments.
4. My dream place to retire in the entire world would be Hawaii! It’s one of the most laid-back and beautiful places I’ve ever been to, with food trucks selling garlicky shrimp, huge turtles basking on beaches and consistently perfect weather.
5. I’m left handed and this has caused quite a lot of trouble over the years- my relatives constantly nag and say that I’m holding my chopsticks incorrectly, and I have a big lump on my left ring finger from pressing on pens too tightly.
7. My blog is named “Dimshum” partly because I’m Chinese and I eat a lot of dim sum on a monthly basis, and partly because it’s a pun based on my surname (Shum). I started my blog out of sheer boredom and I’m glad that I now have my own little personal corner of the Internet 🙂
Although we’ve never met, Queenie and Ry’s blog is full of fun things to do in HK and I always feel like I’m reading anecdotes from a friend when I browse their site!
Consistently yummy posts of food in Singapore and other places too!
Beautiful photos and funny posts makes this blog such a pleasure to read.
4. Eat With Roy
Just take a look at Roy’s list of categories and you’ll realise that he has eaten a lot of different cuisines, so his blog is essentially an encyclopaedia of food.
5. Pina Claudia
My sister’s food blog. Although she hasn’t written many posts she is definitely a keen bean when it comes to food-even keener than I am!
My real-life friend Tiff’s blog. Once again not a very frequent blogger but has some interesting posts on what to do in HK!
Although I’ve never been to Budapest, this blog makes me want to buy a ticket and fly there straight away to try out some of the amazing -looking delicacies!
Once again thanks to Noémie for the nomination- I had fun filling this out! 😀